ouidad gel 700

Image:@ouidad

Over the past few weeks, I've been experimenting with some newly released hair gels in an effort to discover a new favorite. Nowadays, the climate in my city is unbelievably, disgustingly humid, which makes this the perfect time to attempt Ouidad's new Avant-garde Climate Command Oestrus and Humidity Gel – Stronger Agree.

The original version of this gel has been out for quite some time, and it's a favorite of some of the NaturallyCurly editors and readers. But the "Stronger Hold" version is a recent release, and it's purportedly Ouidad's most advanced frizz fighter all the same. It's designed to protect confronting both humidity and UV rays to keep curls divers and shiny all day.

Well, I was banking on it living upward to its hope. I've institute a couple other hair gels that I really like, simply this New Orleans humidity has non been playing effectually lately. New Orleans is always humid, just things recently got to the betoken where everything in my house felt constantly damp for no reason. My bath towels didn't stand a take chances confronting the humidity, allow lone my curls.

I tested the Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Heat and Humidity Gel – Stronger Concur on my 3b curls with a regular wash-and-go to meet how well it'd stand to the heat. Spoiler: I Beloved IT.

First Impressions

The Ouidad Advanced Climate Command Heat and Humidity Gel Stronger Concur features "anti-frizz nano technology" to seal the hair cuticle and protect information technology from humidity. Information technology too features a "dedicated UV filter," considering aye, UV rays can harm your hair, too. If yous usually take more of a pro-technology than an all-natural approach to your hair routine, this gel is right up your alley.

The gel is clear in color, and it has a slippery-smooth feel. It'due south silky and easy to spread in your hands. I'k definitely a fan of the consistency and texture.

As far equally odour goes, this gel has that clean Ouidad smell. It's pleasant and non as well strong.

Testing It Out

To test this gel, I washed and conditioned my pilus and so applied a leave-in conditioner (Mielle Organics Avocado Moisturizing Hair Milk, my new favorite!). Then I raked the Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Oestrus and Humidity Gel – Stronger Agree through my curls section by section, focusing on my ends, crown, and front curls. Those are the parts of my hair that tend to get the about frizzy.

I used to apply the LOC method, which involved using twice every bit many products on my pilus as I do now. Merely a hair stylist told me that, with all the humidity here, it's silly to add oil and cream to my curls rather than products that focus on definition and frizz-fighting.

And then hither I am, discovering the magic of hair gel.

This new Ouidad gel was easy to work through my curls, and it instantly made them feel soft, shine, and ultra-defined.

Adjacent, I accident-dried my hair on low estrus with a diffuser.

The Results

Afterwards drying, my curls were however well-defined, just not crunchy or stiff whatsoever. They were boisterous, even and voluminous.

Impressively, I went out that nighttime in the midst of a dense New Orleans fog with my hair loose, and my pilus was still pretty defined at the terminate of the night! It did increase in book, merely more than volume is always a plus, as far as I'm concerned.

This gel also manages to not dry out my hair despite its humidity-fighting capabilities, which is lovely. Some other plus: It doesn't fleck.

Last Thoughts

I Love. This. Hair Gel.

It's been a struggle to find a lightweight hair gel that does everything I need information technology to exercise – define my hair and proceed it moisturized and last all day – peculiarly in this crazy humidity. Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Oestrus and Humidity Gel – Stronger Hold absolutely gets the chore done.

Honestly, I can't think of whatsoever cons to this gel, but I do have a word of circumspection. I used it one more time on a braid-out – because I love it and so much – and it left some white build-upwardly on my front curls. There is, apparently, a limit to how much you should utilise to whatsoever ane department! Don't go overboard and attempt to use it as an edge control like I did!

At $26, my wallet will cry a little when it'southward time to buy a new bottle. But on the plus side, $26 buys you lot 8.v ounces of this product, and a little goes a long way. I await this canteen to last me for a couple months – fingers crossed.

Have you tried this magical gel from Ouidad? What are your thoughts?